6.18.2010

From Litchfield to Edwardsville

What started out as a pleasant morning ride is quickly turning into a scorcher, especially after the worse climb of trip into Edwardsville. Outside of Litchfield we had a shady rest at an antique Shell Station in Mt. Olive. The next leg into The Hare Stop in Stauntom was as nice. At the Hare Shop I got a RTE 66 pin and Hare patch for my work bag. The Stonehenge of cars an interesting sight! By now the day has heated up, the stop in Halem wasna welcome relief. The last leg to Edwardsville was bad. 10 miles of no shade and a a killer hill on 157 into town. I lost my do-rag and sweat was dropping in my eyes and I took the hill blind and finally arrived in ill humor here at Wasabi where Eric was sitting in the shade! But we are both cooled off and Eric has had his sushi and now we're committed to the home stretch.  

No comments:

"After Long Gone" at One Sentence Poems

The first of three one-sentence ghost bike poems appearing this week at One Sentence Poems. After Long Gone