11.03.2006

Solar Charging the iPod

On my trek next summer from the Arch to Tor House, I plan to take two gadgets: my Treo 700p and my second generation, 8G iPod Nano. The phone will let me stay in contact with civilization; the music will keep me civilized. The problem is that there'll be long stretches of wilderness with no way to charge either device. Consequently, I've been looking for ways to keep the phone and the iPod full of juice. Recently I came across a page which tells how to build a solar iPod charger. This lightweight solar charger looks nifty, but it might not be sturdy enough to handle abuse and inclement weather. Probably I'll need a solar charger specifically made for adventure trekking and one that can charge both the phone and the iPod.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gotta see the solar ipod charger that you build. That alone will make the trip to Colorado worth it.

"After Long Gone" at One Sentence Poems

The first of three one-sentence ghost bike poems appearing this week at One Sentence Poems. After Long Gone